[slime-devel] multiple connections

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Oct 3 12:47:09 UTC 2004

It looks like I was a to quick with "works for me". It breaks actually
in more complicated situations.

I committed various fixes for the problem.  slime-pid is now only
needed needed for certain communication styles.

M-x slime works now slightly differently.  Now we ask whether a new
process should be started if there exists already one, even if no
prefix argument was given.

SBCL uses native threading and AFAIK Linux threads are actually
processes and unix:getpid probably returns just the pid of the thread.
At least that's my explanation for the different pids.