[slime-devel] SLIME User Survey

Kristian Elof Sørensen elof at image.dk
Tue Jun 22 08:28:45 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie wrote:

>If the ALU can do it then so can we :-). It would be nice to get some
>feedback to understand which backends are getting the most/least usage
>and which ones are flaky.
>
>So if you are an active SLIME user and you have a moment then please
>
>Questions:
>
>Which Lisp versions do you use SLIME with?

LispWorks Personal 4.3.[67] on Windows XP/Pro and on Linux/x86
cmu18e on Linux/x86
occasionally SBCL 0.8.11 on Linux/x86

>Which Emacs versions?

XEmacs 21.4 on Linux/x86 and Windows XP/Pro

>How well does SLIME work for you?

I am very happy with the productivity gain and it is a joy to use
compared to ilisp and the LispWorks GUI.

>What bugs (reproducible or otherwise) or missing features annoy you?

See my recent reply regarding remote controlling LispWorks.

I have had to kill -9 XEmacs a few times after it ceased to respond to
mouse or keyboard input. I haven't seen it for the last week or two
though. I recall that it usually (always?) happened immediately after
hitting tab in the repl while running cmucl18e locally.

>Is there some packaging system (e.g. Debian) that you would like to
>see SLIME 1.0 bundled with? If so, do you know how to coordinate this?

Personally I am happy with cvs access for now.
For 1.0 and later versions OpenBSD packages and RPM would be fine.