[slime-devel] SLIME User Survey

Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com Bill_Clementson at peoplesoft.com
Fri Jun 18 15:47:45 UTC 2004

> Questions:
>
> Which Lisp versions do you use SLIME with?

Allegro 6.2 and 7.0beta, LispWorks 4.3, CLISP 2.33, and ABCL (cvs) - all on
Win2000

> Which Emacs versions?

GNU Emacs 21.3.50

> How well does SLIME work for you?

Great! I used ILISP and ELI in the past, but SLIME seems to have the best
mix of features, stability and portability. I only use SLIME today.

> What bugs (reproducible or otherwise) or missing features annoy you?

bug: the "v"iew source option in sldb doesn't work for any implementation
I'm using
feature: it would be *really* nice to have edebug-like debugging in SLIME

> Is there some packaging system (e.g. Debian) that you would like to
> see SLIME 1.0 bundled with? If so, do you know how to coordinate this?

Windows installer - just joking ;-)

Debian seems the obvious choice (although I don't use Linux). Kevin
Rosenberg has done a fantastic job looking after a lot of the CL packages
on Debian (have a look at http://b9.com/debian.html to see a list of the
ones he maintains). You might try twisting his arm a little to get him to
look after SLIME too :-)

> If you said anything negative above then please say something nice
> here to make us feel good:

SLIME just seems to go from strength to strength - great job you guys!

- Bill