[slime-devel] SLIME User Survey

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Jun 18 15:07:29 UTC 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:58:45 +0200, Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> wrote:

> Which Lisp versions do you use SLIME with?

CMUCL 18e, AllegroCL 6.2 and 7.0beta. I have licenses for LW 4.3 pro
and I'm planning to use it with SLIME, too.

> Which Emacs versions?

GNU Emacs 21.3.

> How well does SLIME work for you?

Works great (no problems I can remember) with CMUCL, several problems
with AllegroCL which I'll try to report later.

> What bugs (reproducible or otherwise) or missing features annoy you?

Other than the AllegroCL stuff nothing comes to mind.

> Is there some packaging system (e.g. Debian) that you would like to
> see SLIME 1.0 bundled with? If so, do you know how to coordinate
> this?

Debian would be nice. I think Kevin Rosenberg would be the first
person to ask although he probably has too much stuff to maintain
already.

> If you said anything negative above then please say something nice
> here to make us feel good:

I don't want to learn a new IDE for each Lisp I'm working with and I
also can't see me using one single implementation in the near future,
so I'm looking for a cross-implementation IDE. ILISP came close but
somehow never felt like the real thing. SLIME seems to be on its way
to be the perfect CL IDE. Kudos to the SLIME hackers!

Cheers,
Edi.