[slime-devel] repl shortcut commands feature request

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Jun 16 08:22:52 UTC 2004

Brian Downing <bdowning at lavos.net> writes:

> Continuing my attempts to spam slime-devel:
>
> I find the slime-repl comma shortcuts to be quite useful.  However, it
> would be nice if when a comma shortcut was run, if a re-runable version
> of the command with its arguments could be put in the repl buffer and on
> the repl command history.  That would seem make interacting with the
> repl a little bit nicer, as it would remove some of the discontinuity
> between lisp forms (you can see them in the repl buffer, and they can be
> called up with M-p) and repl commands (you can sometimes see their
> results in the repl buffer, and they cannot be called up with M-p.)

we could do this with the (force-)?(load|compile)-system commands,
just like we do with the defpapameter and resend commands, but i don't
know what we'de put in the buffer in the case of change-directory, and
i don't know what the point of putting (in-package :???) would be in
the repl.

> I looked into doing this, but it wasn't immediately obvious to me how
> I'd accomplish it.

see the definition of slime-repl-resend and slime-repl-defparameter,
however if you tell me what commands you want i can do it pretty
quickly.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.