[slime-devel] repl shortcut commands feature request

Brian Downing bdowning at lavos.net
Wed Jun 16 08:40:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:22:52AM +0200, Marco Baringer wrote:
> we could do this with the (force-)?(load|compile)-system commands,
> just like we do with the defpapameter and resend commands, but i don't
> know what we'de put in the buffer in the case of change-directory,

I was thinking something like ,(slime-repl-change-directory "/where/to"),
and it would catch the leading , on reevaluation and run the repl
command again.

> and i don't know what the point of putting (in-package :???) would be
> in the repl.

Well, if I'm changing between two packages repeatedly, it might be
easier to get at them with the command-line history commands instead of
retyping them over and over.

If I'm not mistaken, in something like the CLIM listener it's possible
to pull up previous commands with the normal history functions.  It also
seems to work that way in the ACL repl with its commands.  To me, the
current behavior seems about as distracting as if the Unix shell
special-cased "cd" commands and you couldn't get to them in the shell's
history.  (Or, for that matter, special-cased "pwd" commands to show the
current directory once at the bottom of the screen and not in the normal
output stream.  :)

> see the definition of slime-repl-resend and slime-repl-defparameter,
> however if you tell me what commands you want i can do it pretty
> quickly.

That gives me an idea as to where to start.  I'll look into it, thanks.

-bcd