[slime-devel] repl shortcut commands feature request

Brian Downing bdowning at lavos.net
Wed Jun 16 07:55:55 UTC 2004

Continuing my attempts to spam slime-devel:

I find the slime-repl comma shortcuts to be quite useful.  However, it
would be nice if when a comma shortcut was run, if a re-runable version
of the command with its arguments could be put in the repl buffer and on
the repl command history.  That would seem make interacting with the
repl a little bit nicer, as it would remove some of the discontinuity
between lisp forms (you can see them in the repl buffer, and they can be
called up with M-p) and repl commands (you can sometimes see their
results in the repl buffer, and they cannot be called up with M-p.)

I looked into doing this, but it wasn't immediately obvious to me how
I'd accomplish it.

(I was going to put the emacs form executed for the shortcut into the
buffer prepended by a comma, much like you see the raw emacs forms when
you use repeat-complex-command.)

-bcd
--
*** Brian Downing <bdowning at lavos dot net>