[slime-devel] Towards 1.0?

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 9 06:47:34 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> Howdidlydoo,
>
> I'm feeling impulsive lately. How about shooting for a 1.0 release?
>
> I know some people are already in favour (hi Brian :-), so I'm
> particularly probing for the opinion of the other side (hi Helmut :-)

Yes, would be good to make the 1.0 release before SLIME begins to
suffer to much from creeping featurism.  It would also be nice to have
a completed project (my list of unfinished stuff is depressingly
long).

I think Martin Simmons enhancements for LispWorks are ready, and he
will commit them in the next few days; perhaps we could make a feature
freeze afterwards.

Where should install we SLIME by default?  A writable directory would
be the easiest for us; not sure if distributors like that.

I don't plan to add much new stuff in the future; the current state
seems to satisfy my needs.