[slime-devel] Towards 1.0?

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Wed Jun 9 00:43:25 UTC 2004

Howdidlydoo,

I'm feeling impulsive lately. How about shooting for a 1.0 release?

I know some people are already in favour (hi Brian :-), so I'm
particularly probing for the opinion of the other side (hi Helmut :-)

>From my end there are a lot of good omens for an August 27 release:

  It will be the one-year anniversary of the first public mention [1]
  of SLIME. (Time really flies!)

  It will be my birthday. (*)

  I'll be starting a new job, and be really busy for a while.

How do the tea leaves look for you guys?

Cheers,
Luke

[1]: The fateful posting of a tweak to Eric Marsden's SLIM on a list
     that Helmut reads:
     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.cmucl.devel/3850

(*): How sad is it that I apparently spent my 25th birthday hacking
     Emacs? :-)