[slime-devel] SBCL clickable documentation, FAIRLY-STABLE

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Wed Jun 9 00:03:41 UTC 2004

Ahoy,

I've added support for Christophe's new SBCL `reference-condition'
feature. Some SBCL conditions include references to documentation in
CLHS or the SBCL manual to explain them, and these become clickable
hyperlinks in SLDB.

Requires a new (or perhaps latest) SBCL. But I set FAIRLY-STABLE
before committing this to give people time to upgrade.

An example that produces the references is:

  CL-USER> (defconstant foo 1)
  FOO
  CL-USER> (defconstant foo 2)

Kudos Christophe! This will probably be great newbie feature.

NB: I haven't gone all the way, e.g. it doesn't hyperlink CLHS
glossary references yet - only symbols.

Cheers,
Luke