[slime-devel] Towards 1.0?

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Wed Jun 9 11:35:15 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Where should install we SLIME by default?  A writable directory would
> be the easiest for us; not sure if distributors like that.

I think Emacs has a canonical place for site local .el and .elc files.

As for the swank end, if it was just a tad more ASDF friendly (no
compiling at all when you start SLIME), then writable directory
wouldn't be an issue.  It could perhaps be made to work with Debian's
Common Lisp Controler and with the Lisps that support ASDF-INSTALL.

--
An ideal world is left as an excercise to the reader.
   --- Paul Graham, On Lisp 8.1