[slime-devel] Re: My personal Slime Feature wishlist

Thomas Schilling tjs_ng at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 27 22:52:17 UTC 2004

Julian Stecklina wrote:

> Thomas Schilling <tjs_ng at yahoo.de> writes:
>
>>> I like the design, but on my high-resolution screen most of the
>>> content is clumped together on the left side. Screenshot here:
>>>   http://www.bluetail.com/~luke/misc/hp.png
>>
>> Is it better now?
>
> What about using relative sizes for the tables? At least for the
> non-obvious tables at the bottom this would be an improvement. Say, if
> you gave the table a width of 90% and every field 50% of the table
> width.

Ah, Luke meant that part on the bottom. I thought the problem were the
long lines--well, indeed I guess that's not what "clumped together" means
;-)

Well, my decision for narrowing the lines above was that it's generally
considered better to have shorter lines (a rule of thumb says max. 60
characters per line). So maybe I could put a border left and right and put
it all in the middle of the page. It would then still look somewhat lost
on large screens but OTOH I never saw a
newspaper/magazine/novel/scientific book that used a landscape paper
orientation. (And: it's all for the sake of usability :)

>>> I dunno nufin' about web design so no suggested fix :-)
>>
>> Design is the one thing. Content and structure another. I think I have
>> good judgement for both (all three) but I am mostly not so eager to
>> spend too much effort in both ;-)
>
> No comment. :P

Wise decision. Very wise decision... ;-)

--
      ,,
     \../   /  <<< The LISP Effect