[slime-devel] Re: My personal Slime Feature wishlist

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Wed Jul 28 14:09:50 UTC 2004

Thomas Schilling <tjs_ng at yahoo.de> writes:

> Well, my decision for narrowing the lines above was that it's
> generally considered better to have shorter lines (a rule of thumb
> says max. 60 characters per line). So maybe I could put a border left
> and right and put it all in the middle of the page. It would then
> still look somewhat lost on large screens but OTOH I never saw a
> newspaper/magazine/novel/scientific book that used a landscape paper
> orientation. (And: it's all for the sake of usability :)

Is HTML able to produce 2-column text? Mmmh, you could do this with
tables... ;) My point is that there is enough space on the screen, so
let's use it. I find web pages "optimized" for 640x480 offending...

Ok, let's discuss this in private, it's way off-topic.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Signed/encrypted mail welcome.  Key-ID: 0xD65B2AB5

-> GIVE stylish confetti to HEAVILY ARMED CLOWN <-
-> Heavily Armed Clown: Wheeee!!                <-