[slime-devel] Yet another patch

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 17 10:37:04 UTC 2004

Ivan Boldyrev <boldyrev+nospam at cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru> writes:

> When generic function is defgeneric'ed, but not defmethod'ed,
> pcl::generic-function-pretty-arglist retruns nil on it.  I doubt that
> using any other function instead of
> pcl::generic-function-pretty-arglist will help, because even
> common-lisp:describe doesn't show any useful information.

Looks like a bug in describe.  Our new arglist-string handles this case.

> Before Slime described such methods as (test I) (where 'I' is
> (substring "NIL" 1 -1) :)

Hehe, embarrassing bug.  arglist-string should return a string with
parens at beginning and the end.  I added some assertions for this.

> Now it describes it as (test <no info>).
>
> May be, <no info> is not good string, feel free to replace it with
> better one :)

The CVS version prints now "(test)" for zero argument functions.  The
backend should return an error message if the arglist cannot be
determined.

Thanks for the report!