[slime-devel] Re: Backend carnage! Battle stations!

Wolfgang Jenkner wjenkner at inode.at
Tue Jan 13 16:50:21 UTC 2004

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> I also updated the CLISP backend, but haven't tested it! I seem
> incapable of building and installing a recent version of CLISP, I
> end up with this funky stuff: [...]  which then fails to install.

Perhaps, try to build in a separate directory

./configure [options] build-dir

The CLISP backend works fine, at least with
*use-dedicated-output-stream* set to t.  Running the test suite a
couple of times gives 10 failed tests of 23, as before.  There's a
problem with slime-disconnect, though.

With *use-dedicated-output-stream* set to nil, it seems that SLIME
doesn't come back to idle state at the end of the test suite.

Wolfgang