[slime-devel] Re: Backend carnage! Battle stations!

Luke Gorrie luke at bluetail.com
Tue Jan 13 04:30:51 UTC 2004

Helmut Eller <e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> Maybe :) What about a function that corresponds to
> socket/listen/accept and returns a lisp stream?  It seems that could
> be implemented in all implementations.  Perhaps with an announce
> callback for bootstrapping.

Okay, you have talked some sense into me. I had assumed all Lisps
would have socket interfaces similar to CMUCL/serve-event. Oops.

I re-replaced the socket interface with a much simpler one. I've
re-ported CMUCL and SBCL, also LispWorks but without the dedicated
output channel sofar. I also updated the CLISP backend, but haven't
tested it! I seem incapable of building and installing a recent
version of CLISP, I end up with this funky stuff:

  luke at dodo:~/src/clisp-2.32/src$ ls -l full
  total 40
  lrwxr-xr-x    1 luke     foo            81 Jan 13 05:12 libavcall.a -> /home/luke/src/clisp-2.32/src/base?/home/luke/src/clisp-2.32/src/base/libavcall.a
  lrwxr-xr-x    1 luke     foo            83 Jan 13 05:12 libcallback.a -> /home/luke/src/clisp-2.32/src/base?/home/luke/src/clisp-2.32/src/base/libcallback.a

which then fails to install.

Cheers,
Luke