[slime-devel] Does SLIME change editor features significantly?

Martin Stone Davis m0davis at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 30 23:01:12 UTC 2003

Total newbie here.  I have ILISP and I understand that SLIME is for
making it easier for Emacs to interact with 3rd party Lisp interpreters.
  But does/will it also improve on Emacs-Lisp mode?

For example, here are some things I'm looking for:

* automatic re-indentation (so that if I cut paste something it
automatically adjusts the indentation)
* "better" keyboard keyboard mappings for movement/selection

Without getting into too much detail, I first just wanna know if the
above is even within the scope of SLIME.

Thanks,
-Martin