[slime-devel] Re: Users!

Camille Troillard tuscland at mac.com
Wed Nov 26 17:24:28 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am not an expert of Ilisp nor Slime, but isn't it possible to make a
completion command like "m<tab>" which works like the completion in the
mini-buffer of Emacs.

It seems a very good idea to complete filenames, though difficult to
port.

Isn't it possible to complete symbols against the result of an apropos
funcall ?
It would make the completion feature very useful and could be enhanced
to automatically insert not unused packages like this:

For example, if I want to write start-server which is in package
ASERVE-EXAMPLE (which must be loaded) but my file doesn't use package
ASERVE-EXAMPLE for some reasons.  If I would write :

		- "s<tab>" then a specific Emacs buffer would appear with the list of
all symbols beginning by "s" in any packages.  For instance we should
have something like :

		               SYMBOL-VALUE
		ASERVE-EXAMPLE:START-SERVER

		- then if I would type "y<tab" the symbol would complete to
"SYMBOL-VALUE".
		- then if I would type "t<tab" the symbol would complete to
"ASERVE-EXAMPLE:START-SERVER".

If find very annoying a Lisp environnement than can't complete symbol
that the lisp knows.
As I am not very good at lisp (still beginner !) I don't know if this
is easy of difficult to write, but I suppose a quick-and-dirty hack
would be easy by parsing the apropos funcall ...

Cheers,
Camille