[slime-devel] Re: Slime and XEmacs

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Fri Nov 7 18:04:14 UTC 2003

 Helmut> Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:
 >> I've found one minor nit -- in my XEmacs when walking the compiler
 >> notes with M-n and M-p, the currently highlighted expression has its
 >> font changed to a smaller one. That results in fairly annoying
 >> behavior.  The font only changes in the currently highlighted
 >> expression, it doesn't change before I press M-n to go to the first
 >> compiler note, and it changes back to normal after I stop walking
 >> the notes or after I switch to the next one.

 Helmut> As a workaround you could customize the slime-highlight-face
 Helmut> and set its font to the default size.  By default
 Helmut> slime-highlight-face should look almost like your normal
 Helmut> highlight face.  Is the font of your normal highlight face also
 Helmut> smaller? (Use list-faces-display to see all faces.)

If you mean the "highlight" face, it's not. That one looks normal. Only
slime-highlight-face is smaller.

Here's how they are defined:

highlight                 black           darkseagreen2   -*-courier-medium-r-*-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*
  (Highlight face.)

slime-highlight-face      black           darkseagreen2   -*-courier-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*
  (Face for compiler notes while selected.)

The bug seems to be that when defining slime faces, the size does not
get copied.

Having looked at slime.el -- why not just use copy-face instead of
defface when running under XEmacs? That does copy all font attributes in
my XEmacs. Alas, it doesn't seem to exist in GNU Emacs.

--J.