[slime-devel] Re: Slime and XEmacs

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 7 07:40:32 UTC 2003

Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:

> I've found one minor nit -- in my XEmacs when walking the compiler notes
> with M-n and M-p, the currently highlighted expression has its font
> changed to a smaller one. That results in fairly annoying behavior.  The
> font only changes in the currently highlighted expression, it doesn't
> change before I press M-n to go to the first compiler note, and it
> changes back to normal after I stop walking the notes or after I switch
> to the next one.

As a workaround you could customize the slime-highlight-face and set
its font to the default size.  By default slime-highlight-face should
look almost like your normal highlight face.  Is the font of your
normal highlight face also smaller? (Use list-faces-display to see all
faces.)

> Also, there is another problem which I've stumbled upon -- SLIME seems
> to have problems interpreting warnings related to the SERIES package
> (tested using CMUCL). It does notice that there is a problem (and
> highlights corresponding expressions correctly), but doesn't display any
> notes for it.

Hmm... it seems that these warnings are generated by the SERIES
package and not by the compiler.  I guess we should bind a handler for
such warnings too.  I'll look at that.

--helmut.