[slime-devel] Good and bad things about SLIME

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 18 21:49:47 UTC 2003

Ignas Mikalajunas <i.mikalajunas at mbt.lt> writes:

> The bad things:
> (windows)
>   Could not break ACL with C-c C-c or C-c C-b, nothing helped so the
> only way to exit an infinite loop is to restart ACL :(

We send a SIGINT to the Lisp process to interrupt it.  This will
probably not work on Windows.  My knowledge about Windows is pretty
limited and I have no idea what the proper way to interrupt another
process is.  If you can fix this problem, please send as a patch and
we will include them.

>   There is a bug in
> (defun user-init-file ()
>   "Return the name of the user init file or nil."
>   (let ((home (user-homedir-pathname)))
>     (and (probe-file home)
>          (probe-file (format nil "~A/.swank.lisp"
>                              (namestring (truename home)))))))
>
> in windows if my home dir is "D:\home\qzma\" it tries to probe
> "D:\\home\\qzma\\/.swank.lisp" and  of course fails miserably, yet i
> don't know how to fix it to fit both operating systems.

How about:

(defun user-init-file ()
  "Return the name of the user init file or nil."
  (let ((home (user-homedir-pathname)))
    (and (probe-file home)
         (probe-file (format nil
                             #-mswindows "~A/.swank.lisp"