[slime-devel] Good and bad things about SLIME

Ignas Mikalajunas i.mikalajunas at mbt.lt
Thu Dec 18 15:18:40 UTC 2003

   Slime is a lot nicer than Ilisp, don't know why yet I like it much
more, and the pace of developement is realy astonishing. Thank you.

The bad things:
(windows)
  Could not break ACL with C-c C-c or C-c C-b, nothing helped so the
only way to exit an infinite loop is to restart ACL :(

  There is a bug in
(defun user-init-file ()
  "Return the name of the user init file or nil."
  (let ((home (user-homedir-pathname)))
    (and (probe-file home)
         (probe-file (format nil "~A/.swank.lisp"
                             (namestring (truename home)))))))

in windows if my home dir is "D:\home\qzma\" it tries to probe
"D:\\home\\qzma\\/.swank.lisp" and  of course fails miserably, yet i
don't know how to fix it to fit both operating systems.

(linux) comming as soon as I'll get home

  Ignas Mikalajunas