[slime-devel] SLIME on a local socket

Daniel Barlow dan at telent.net
Mon Dec 1 16:55:33 UTC 2003

Luke Gorrie <luke at bluetail.com> writes:

> I think the tricky part is filesystem operations. Currently in CVS we
> assume a shared filesystem, but if you stay away from FS-related
> operations you can probably still do some useful things without
> one. Brian's patch adds support for having a shared filesystem but
> with different mount points (apparently common with SMB). On Cliki,

I haven't tried this, but if it can be set to rewrite, say,
/home/telent/foo.lisp to /telent at ww.telent.net:/home/telent/foo.lisp,
it looks like it will already work with tramp.  At least,
find-file-noselect does.  Do we load files anywhere without the aid of
find-file{,-noselect}?

> package). Maybe there is an opporunity to do something Fancy with the
> `host' field of logical pathnames even?

Set Phasers To Maximum Pain

LPNs work nicely if you've already designed the entire build system
around them, but they're in no way good at representing arbitrary
filenames.

-dan

--

 http://web.metacircles.com/ - Open Source software development and support