[LispSea] instruction then presentation

Daniel J Pezely djp06 at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 26 18:23:01 UTC 2006

Stating the obvious, what's needed right now is instruction.

So, let's start at the beginning of shaping Seattle as a
Lisp town-- shall we?

	After all, the more people who know Lisp locally,
the better chances we all have for getting paying work doing
Lisp since having a pool of talent is a requirement for most
business.

For the consultant's perspective (where businesses don't
care what language it is, so long as the work-for-hire does
what they need it to do), I would like to deploy a
Lisp-based system knowing that there are others whom can
continue the on-going operations.

	Anyone interested in teaching Lisp?

	Anyone have formal experience as an instructor?

	I believe Lisp is more about the approach than
syntax or API, and that's saying a lot, considering how the
"core" Common Lisp library is massive compared to the usual
suspects.

What's needed is a demonstration of code maturing from blank
canvas to just-get-something-working to various directions
of "what if?" before settling on what's right for the task
at hand.

	We could structure our sessions with the first 30
minutes for instruction and the next hour or so as deeper
presentation, show & tell, etc.

Comments?

-Daniel