[rdnzl-devel] Patch for generic types in RDZNL

Iver Odin Kvello iverodin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:08:24 UTC 2008

Good news follows -

> Aha!  Where did the "clr:oldsyntax" come from?  Can't find it in the
> tarball.

I'm guessing VS put it there itself, probably. It did something or
other to the project when opened.

> Anyway, I think the changes to make the C++ compatible with the "new"
> syntax are necessary - see the deprecation note you got above.  Still,
> it'd be nice to have the Excel example working again.  Any C++ experts
> out there?

I have gotten some very kind help from a local C++ expert, and the bug
seems to be found and fixed with the attached patch. The fix is due to
Per Arild Fiskum at selvaag.no and is of course one misplaced
character (twice) in InvokeMember, specifically using != instead of ==
when testing a methodinfo-pointer against nullptr.

It only affected interface-methods, and therefore in particular COM
objects of course.

This is 0.7.0 with the patch:
RDNZL-USER(7): (range-contents :file-name +initial-filename+)
(("Last name" "First name" "Superhero") ("Kent" "Clark" "Superman")
("Wayne" "Bruce" "Batman") ("Parker" "Peter" "Spiderman"))

Iver