[rdnzl-devel] Patch for generic types in RDZNL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Feb 15 16:15:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:07:57 +0100, "Iver Odin Kvello" <iverodin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Version 0.6.0, it did build, though I had to change one argument -
> runtime library I think, to /MD, and getting this warning:
>
> 1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'clr:oldsyntax' has been
> deprecated and will be removed in a future release

Aha!  Where did the "clr:oldsyntax" come from?  Can't find it in the
tarball.

I think the main difference between 0.6.0 and 0.7.0 is that 0.7.0
doesn't use the "old syntax" anymore.  It is based on Michael
Goffioul's port which can still be found here:

  http://weitz.de/files/RDNZL-cpp-0.5-vc8.tar.bz2

You'll see quite a lot of changes in there - ^ instead of *, uses of
cli::pin_ptr, gcnew, safe_cast, etc.  One of those must be the reason
for the problems we see, but I don't know which one...  And I don't
understand why these problems only occur with the Excel example.
(Maybe the Office library itself is an "old" system?)

Anyway, I think the changes to make the C++ compatible with the "new"
syntax are necessary - see the deprecation note you got above.  Still,
it'd be nice to have the Excel example working again.  Any C++ experts
out there?