[qitab-devel] Re: Quepasa?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 03:05:01 UTC 2014

Dear Derek,

congratulations for releasing Quepasa!
https://github.com/qitab/qitab/

Some remarks:

* macros and utilities probably have to be moved out of quepasa into
the rest of qitab, and split into units that make more sense. Maybe
you should extract those specific macros that you're using and define
just these, in their own file. Maybe you should be using utilities in
alexandria and/or poiu where they exist, instead of incompatible the
quux variants, where applicable. We should avoid multiplying entities,
this way. For the sake of compatibility, we could define a
backward-compatibility package where quux primitives are defined in
terms of more standard things, where they exist. You don't need to do
all that; still, if you can identify which subset of quux macros and
utilities you're using, it's a good idea to define a new library that
provides just that, and put it in many files under, say,
qitab/utility/

* I see you're not using the newfangled package-system thingie. You
don't have to; nevertheless, if you start using it, you may grow to
liking it.

* When you have time, the most urgent is probably more documentation.

* You may want to create a page on cliki.net, maybe on cl-user.net,
and maybe announce on comp.lang.lisp or some blog or public feed.

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology:
        There's always one more bug.