Prototype Based Programming in Lisp?

Kenneth Tilton ken at tiltontec.com
Mon Jul 4 08:08:36 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 10:18 PM, David McClain <dbm at refined-audiometrics.com
> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> I think I see what you are recommending. But one of the facts of these
> external programs is the lack of multi-processing in their JS interpreters.

JS is always single-threaded. (But CLJS can fake threads -- they really are
doing some good work.)

> If I sent over one program to maintain state and issue periodic nudges,
> that would tie up the JS interface for all other possible needs.

The "program" is just a bunch of code and data waiting on events. It is not
tying up anything except RAM.

> Instead, by offering periodic snippets to the JS engine, I leave it mostly
> available for all other uses. The nudges themselves take only a fraction of
> a second, issued once per minute.

Sure, this whole thing works that way: http://tiltonsalgebra.com

btw, controlling telescopes and cameras? I'm jealous! :)

-kt