Prototype Based Programming in Lisp?

Paul Tarvydas paultarvydas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:48:46 UTC 2016

On 16-07-04 04:08 AM, Kenneth Tilton wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 10:18 PM, David McClain
> <dbm at refined-audiometrics.com <mailto:dbm at refined-audiometrics.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ken,
>
>     I think I see what you are recommending. But one of the facts of
>     these external programs is the lack of multi-processing in their
>     JS interpreters.
>

> JS is always single-threaded. (But CLJS can fake threads -- they
> really are doing some good work.)

Aside: all cpu cores are always single-threaded[*]. Multi-processing is
an epicycle[+], an illusion.

If you don't need variables on the stack / full-preemption, nor access
to special hardware like mmu's, then writing concurrent programs in js
is a breeze (esp. with closures).

See collate-fbp-classic and FBP-from-scratch on
https://github.com/guitarvydas or try reading my essays on
https://bittarvydas.wordpress.com/.

pt

[*] modulo some kind of hardware assist in modern cpu's.  If you
understand how to build a multi-tasking O/S on 8-bit cpu's, then you
understand how to do this in js (or just about any language) as well.

[+] An epicycle because "we" decided to standardize on subroutines
instead of co-routines at Albuquerque [Bugs Bunny].