State of common-lisp.net ?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 21:32:39 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Brian Taylor <el.wubo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a long time lurker and unknown in the community but I'd also love to
> help out with this (time, technical expertise, money, whatever).

I do not have much to say, except that common-lisp.net was useful for ECL
at some point (not now) and some impressions about "what people are saying".

I recall from the ECLM brief talk about lisp.not.org which was originated
by common-lisp.net users including ABCL developers due to the claimed
lacked of answers / responsiveness from common-lisp.net and the disruptive
changes.

They seem willing to take over common-lisp.net and have both resources and
time to do so. Moreover, while Drew says he did not get help they claim
that help was not accepted, making this a rather sterile discussion.

As somebody with less and less time to devote to free projects, can but I
sympathize with Drew, but maybe it is time to step down from a little
rewarding job.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC