[pro] "fhash"

Daniel Weinreb dlw at google.com
Tue Jun 28 22:06:58 UTC 2011

Hi.   I read Christophe's paper on extensible sequences.  I don't think
this bears on my new package, though, for two reasons:

(1) it's only about sequences; maps don't fit into its framework.

(2) He is proposing here a change that would have to be made
to every Common Lisp implementation.  As may have been
apparent from other email I've sent, I am, sadly, pessimistic
that we can really get all of the implementors to make changes
in harmony.  It's not that they are bad or incompetent or
anything like that.  It's just that they're busy people with
other priorities.  In some cases, the priorities include
"putting food on the table" (in the metaphorical sense),
i.e. it would be easier if someone could pay them to
do this, but I don't see how that would happen.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me at this very interesting
paper.

-- Dan