[pro] "fhash"

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:13:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Daniel Weinreb <dlw at google.com> wrote:
> Could you tell me where to find that?  Thanks. -- Dan

The paper - titled "User-extensible sequences in Common Lisp" by C.
Rhodes - can be found for example here:
<http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.65.1604&rep=rep1&type=pdf>

I don't remember how well the paper describes SBCL's implementation; I
think it's worth taking a look at it to see how it combines CLOS (for
genericity) with regular functions special-cased on CL built-in types.
ABCL's impl is almost a clone of SBCL's, with only minor adaptations.

I agree that classes in CLOS are overrated. CLOS is mainly about
generic functions and it's a pity, imho, that GFs can only be
specialized on classes. With minor changes CLOS could be more general.

Cheers,
Alessio