[pro] Some error/condition standardization anyone?

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Jun 27 23:16:16 UTC 2011

Hello Marco,

Marco Antoniotti writes:

 > Doesn't anybody think that it would be a good thing to have a CDR
 > suggesting an agreed upon extension of the CL standard
 > ERROR/CONDITION hierarchy?

Definitely!  While working on a portable implementation of the
functions in the sequences dictionary I found that I frequently wanted
more specific conditions to indicate that some sequence is not a
proper sequence, that some values <start,end> are not valid bounding
index designators, etc.

I would certainly consider contributing to such a CDR document, in
particular in areas where I have already experienced the need for more
specific conditions.

Take care,
--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C