[parenscript-devel] PS warning being treated as error by ASDF+SBCL

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:42:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Vladimir Sedach <vsedach at gmail.com> wrote:
> I give up. This is happening because compile-file returns "failure-p,
> is false if no conditions of type error or warning (other than
> style-warning) were detected by the compiler."
>
> According to Clozure, this means style-warning exactly, and not any
> subclasses. Which is completely useless, because style-warning doesn't
> have any format arguments, so you have to subclass it for it to say
> anything meaningful.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on what to do? Should I just give up on trying
> to use warnings and write to *debug-io* myself?

Just my €.02, but... to me "no conditions of type... other than
style-warning" does exclude both style-warning and its subclasses,
since an instance of a subclass of style-warning is of type
style-warning. So I'd say you encountered a CCL bug, and using a
subclass of style-warning should be fine.

Alessio