[munich-lisp] Re: Room for next Meeting

Wolfgang Mederle wolfgang.mederle at stud.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jan 18 15:23:45 UTC 2005

On 16.01.2005, at 14.26 Uhr, Jim Newton wrote:

> Does anyone have a strong preference about whether we try
> to have such meetings on a week night or during the day
> on the weekend.  The Amsterdam and Hamburg meetings are
> normally on sunday afternoon.   I'm fairly flexible either
> way.  Does anyone else have a strong opinion?

The University building is closed on Sunday, and closed earlier on
Saturday. It doesn't matter, though, which weekday we choose, so how
about Friday?

> Alexander Burger wrote:
>> Speaking for myself, the _day_ (Tuesday 8th) is fine. But as Juan
>> seems
>> to prefer some date in the middle of February this also would be no
>> problem for me.

Tuesday 8th is Faschingsdienstag, and today I was informed that the
building will be closed from noon this day. Would you prefer Tuesday
13th or Friday 18th?

>> However, I'll have to get to Muenchen Central Station till 23:00
>> (latest), so I have two questions:
>> - Would it make sense to start a little earlier (e.g. 18:00)?

No problem for me.

>> - Is there a feasible way to go back to Central Station? E.g. does
>>   anybody have some information about how long it takes to get there
>>   with Bus 1[54] and/or tram 17?

The buses both stop at Giselastraße (U-Bahn station U3/U6). The Tram 17
stops at Lehel (U-Bahn U4/U5), Isartor (S-Bahn), Hauptbahnhof, and
Hauptbahnhof Nord. From Tivolistraße to Hauptbahnhof Nord it takes 18
minutes.

Take a look here for detailed information:
<URL:http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/de/home/fahrgastinformation/efa/
fahrtauskunft/index.html>

--
Wolfgang Mederle