[Mkcl-devel] porting to android

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:16:24 UTC 2014

> Great. But I think that I need to clarify this point first. The license of
> MKCL is GNU LGPL v3 as stated in the Copyright file of the MKCL source code
> base directory.  There are a few exceptions to that in the MKCL source code
> but they are for historical reasons and every new piece of work is expected
> to be included under LGPL v3 terms. Therefore, you will have to acknowledge
> your understanding of and agreement with this condition in some formal way.
> (I think an email or a note with a pull request with a mention of it should
> be enough).

i personally reject the whole notion of IP as merely a confused
justification for the use of violence against peaceful people... but i
can do the necessary steps:

hereby i acknowledge that any contribution i will provide to the MKCL
project will fall under MKCL's LGPL v3 licence.

> Done. There is now a wiki page
> https://github.com/jcbeaudoin/MKCL/wiki/Port-to-Android for you to use.
> Please try to edit it a bit just to make sure there is no permission issues.

i've edited it, it works. thanks!

> Last, the FFI is the biggest problem. It involves writing code in
> assembler with a careful study of the Linux ARM ABI used by Android.

how about libffi? can that solve the problem?

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39