[Mkcl-devel] porting to android

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 08:23:33 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Attila Lendvai <attila.lendvai at gmail.com>wrote:

> dear fellow MKCL hackers,
>
> so, i became interested in playing with mkcl, and looking into porting
> it to android.

Great. But I think that I need to clarify this point first. The license of
MKCL is GNU LGPL v3 as stated in the Copyright file of the MKCL source code
base directory.  There are a few exceptions to that in the MKCL source code
but they are for historical reasons and every new piece of work is expected
to be included under LGPL v3 terms. Therefore, you will have to acknowledge
your understanding of and agreement with this condition in some formal way.
(I think an email or a note with a pull request with a mention of it should
be enough).

Managing contributions through Github is an excellent idea. I hope you will
turn it into a frequent habit. ;-)

> i suggest to set up a wiki where we can write up a highlevel roadmap,
> collect the issues, etc... IOW where we can keep a document that can
> coordinate the effort.
>
> how about the github wiki?
>
> https://github.com/jcbeaudoin/MKCL

Done. There is now a wiki page
https://github.com/jcbeaudoin/MKCL/wiki/Port-to-Android for you to use.
Please try to edit it a bit just to make sure there is no permission issues.

> FTR, i've heard that maxima got ported to android using ECL, so there
> should be some good resources around there:
>
> http://maxima.sourceforge.net/

And that points to the github repository the ECL port of Ageneau.