[mcclim-devel] Official repository lagging?

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Fri Aug 24 08:40:24 UTC 2012

On 08/24/2012 10:31 AM, Manuel Giraud wrote:
> Hi mcclimers,
>
> I wanted to (re)try to do some hacking on mcclim. So I have checkout the
> official CVS repository (from which the quicklisp package seems to be
> made of) and (slowly) start working on it.
>
> Then it occured to me there are many public fork of mcclim on github,
> for instance:
> https://github.com/onixie/mcclim
> https://github.com/slyrus/mcclim
> https://github.com/mmontone/mcclim
> https://github.com/timoore/mcclim
>
> All of them were active in the last 4 months and have their own set of
> improvements while the official CVS last patch dates back to july 2011.
I just created my fork for some work, and was unawhere of the other forks on github. My bad.
I will look at what the other repos on github have and see about merging their
changes into my repo.

> So my question is, can someone with enough credential collects (and
> maybe selects) those patches and apply them to the official repository?
> (I know I can 'git clone' one of those repo, cherry pick what I want and
> add my patches but then it will be yet another unofficial repo).
>
> Best,
I was going to save this mail until my current round of mcclim hacking is finished, but here
goes. I'm not particularly interested in continuing to work with CVS. Are people agreeable
with moving to git? I'm not invested (at all) in having my github repo become the "official"
repo, but a site like github has a lot of advantages as a host.

Tim