[mcclim-devel] file-browser example application

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:55:23 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at real-time.com> wrote:
> I am attaching a patch which makes it work (if the patch about pathname
> presentations, that I sent earlier today, is also present).

Did you forget to attach the patch?

> The downside is that CL pathnames are so intractable that the only good
> way I found to make this work was to use CL-FAD.

I hate pathnames. Even for something as seemingly trivial as Show
Directory in the listener, they turned into an unpredictable,
unportable mess. I vowed not to use them as the primary representation
in the event I ever get around to adding serious shell-like features
to the listener.

> BTW, I think a more elegant solution might be made that would use
> satisfies to define the dir-pathname presentation-type more
> declaratively.  But I couldn't figure out how to do it...

Good idea. '(and pathname (satisfies my-directory-p)) doesn't do it?