[mcclim-devel] request for help with accepting a complex object

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at real-time.com
Tue Feb 13 22:31:28 UTC 2007

I have a complex object of two parameters that I would like to be able
to accept.  I.e., I would like to be able to prompt the user to enter
the two parameters, and I will build an object out of them.  I have been
trying to do this in an interactor window using accepting-values and get
the following error:

GRAPH-MDP(13): (accept 'termination-function :stream pane :prompt
"Termination function:")
Error: No methods applicable for generic function
#<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION INVOKE-UPDATING-OUTPUT> with args
       (#<STANDARD-INPUT-EDITING-STREAM @ #x9c015cc2>
        #<Closure (FLET CLIM-INTERNALS::INVOKE-ACCEPTING-VALUES
#:UPDATING-OUTPUT-CONTINUATION105288) @ #x9c02ab02>
        CLIM-INTERNALS::ACCEPTING-VALUES-RECORD (NIL) #<Function EQL>
CLIM-INTERNALS::NO-CACHE-VALUE
        #<Function FORCE-UPDATE-CACHE-TEST>)
       of classes (STANDARD-INPUT-EDITING-STREAM FUNCTION SYMBOL CONS
FUNCTION SYMBOL FUNCTION)

I was wondering if anyone could see their way to providing me a hint
about what's wrong.

Thanks,