[mcclim-devel] presenting expressions, nested presentations

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Wed Nov 22 01:07:07 UTC 2006

"Andy Hefner" <ahefner at gmail.com> writes:

> Alternately, I've been thinking it would be useful to integrate the
> inspector into the listener, so that you can immediately start
> clicking your way through returned values.

By expanding parts of the accept result in-place, as if there was a
Clouseau embedded in the pane? That would be useful; in fact, that's
half of my Clouseau use cases. Also, it would make for great
screenshots!

> I hadn't considered the interaction with the select gesture (lacking
> working subform accepting until recently, it wasn't much of an
> issue). I think this is a cool idea, but requires some decisions be
> made as to what UI gestures are used.

Why not just use a composite gesture such as M-button1, or perhaps the
middle mouse button? Or maybe we could consider inspection a form of a
description, and use the :describe gesture. I think I prefer
M-button1.

> Does anyone else think this is a cool idea?

Yes, it's a really great idea! The Listener is an important tool, so
it should have as many of these neat features as possible.

--
\  Troels "Athas"
/\ Henriksen