[mcclim-devel] Announcing McCLIM 0.9.2 "Laetare Sunday"

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 14:44:12 UTC 2006

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> writes:
>
>> On 2006-03-26, McCLIM developers <mcclim-devel at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>>> Get the tarball at
>>> <http://common-lisp.net/project/mcclim/downloads/mcclim-0.9.2.tar.gz>
>>> or install McCLIM via asdf-install.
>>
>> If you just want to try out the cool demos, here's a pre-built binary
>> with pre-loaded freetype, mcclim demos, functional geometry, the
>> listener, the debugger and the inspector:
>
> Here is a similar binary for OS X / ppc.  It's based on unithreaded
> SBCL, so some things may not work.
> <http://www.doc.gold.ac.uk/~mas01cr/mcclim-listener-0.9.2.tar.bz2>
>
> In addition to the things which don't work because of
> single-threadedness, I have observed something strange: on OS X
> machines here, I need to press RET /twice/ in the listener to activate
> an expression: after
>
>   ( * SPC 2 SPC 3 ) RET
>
> nothing happens, but when I hit RET once more I get 6 back.

Inspecting the standard-input-editing-stream from the debugger I get
by hitting C-c in my underlying lisp at this point -- that is, after
the first RET and before the second -- I see

The object is a STANDARD-OBJECT of type CLIM:STANDARD-INPUT-EDITING-STREAM.
0. OPEN-P: T
1. STREAM: #<CLIM:INTERACTOR-PANE CLIM-LISTENER::INTERACTOR {12FA9391}>
2. AREA: #<GOATEE:SIMPLE-SCREEN-AREA X 63:113 Y 0:14 {12FA9B29}>
3. SNAPSHOT: #<GOATEE::EDITING-STREAM-SNAPSHOT {12FA9BC1}>
5. INSERTION-POINTER: 7
6. SCAN-POINTER: 7
7. RESCAN-QUEUED: NIL
8. RESCANNING-P: NIL