[mcclim-devel] Announcing McCLIM 0.9.2 "Laetare Sunday"

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 13:44:30 UTC 2006

Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> writes:

> On 2006-03-26, McCLIM developers <mcclim-devel at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>> Get the tarball at
>> <http://common-lisp.net/project/mcclim/downloads/mcclim-0.9.2.tar.gz>
>> or install McCLIM via asdf-install.
>
> If you just want to try out the cool demos, here's a pre-built binary
> with pre-loaded freetype, mcclim demos, functional geometry, the
> listener, the debugger and the inspector:

Here is a similar binary for OS X / ppc.  It's based on unithreaded
SBCL, so some things may not work.
<http://www.doc.gold.ac.uk/~mas01cr/mcclim-listener-0.9.2.tar.bz2>

In addition to the things which don't work because of
single-threadedness, I have observed something strange: on OS X
machines here, I need to press RET /twice/ in the listener to activate
an expression: after

  ( * SPC 2 SPC 3 ) RET

nothing happens, but when I hit RET once more I get 6 back.
Similarly, but equally weirdly, if I just type

  x RET

I get a blank line followed by the CL-USER> prompt back, and only
after the /next/ keystroke is the blank line filled with
  Input "x" does not match

However, I have had a report that someone else /doesn't/ see these
symptoms.  If people do download that binary, could they please report
back to say whether or not they have these problems with it?

Thanks,

Christophe