[mcclim-devel] Patch for menu-choose.lisp

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Fri Jul 7 19:29:50 UTC 2006

"Andy Hefner" <ahefner at gmail.com> writes:

> Sounds good, but I still think we should really get rid of
> menu-choose.lisp at some point and reuse the implementation of menus
> in menu.lisp, which is (was?) much more complete.

AFAIK, menu.lisp is mostly concerned with command menus, and I believe
tt would make more sense to build these via the facilities provided by
`menu-choose' than the other way around. If nothing else, because
`menu-choose' supports a huge amount of options that would be quite
difficult to support unless it is built into the basic implementation.

In any case, I think you are right that there needs to be some
cleanup, but still, my patch adds support for some stuff not currently
supported, without being invasive or in any way hindering any future
unification of menu.lisp and menu-choose.lisp.

"Andy Hefner" <ahefner at gmail.com> writes:

> You raise an interesting question - is McCLIM still in freeze? I've
> been proceeding as though it were not, as no one is actively working
> toward preparing a release.

>From #lisp:

<Athas> When does the McCLIM freeze period stop?
<antifuchs> Athas: very good question. counter-question: can we
release mcclim as-is, or should we try for a re-freeze in a few weeks?

I don't think anyone knows. :-)

--
\  Troels "Athas"
/\ Henriksen