[mcclim-devel] Patch for menu-choose.lisp [really freeze period]

rpgoldman at real-time.com rpgoldman at real-time.com
Fri Jul 7 20:13:08 UTC 2006

    TH> "Andy Hefner" <ahefner at gmail.com> writes:
[...snip...]

    >> You raise an interesting question - is McCLIM still in freeze?
    >> I've been proceeding as though it were not, as no one is
    >> actively working toward preparing a release.

    >> From #lisp:

    TH> <Athas> When does the McCLIM freeze period stop?  <antifuchs>
    TH> Athas: very good question. counter-question: can we release
    TH> mcclim as-is, or should we try for a re-freeze in a few weeks?

    TH> I don't think anyone knows. :-)

I have had some fairly extensive problems with using scrolling panes,
that I think should either be dismissed as me doing something weird,
an ACL-specific bug, or fixed, before a release.

Suggestion:  I think one could test this possible bug by trying to use
the class browser in a scrolling window (it does scroll, doesn't it?)
in the listener.  If someone would have a look and see if the
scrolling window correctly starts scrolling when the class graph
grows, that would establish that it's something I'm doing that's bad
or an ACL-specific bug (ACL's MOP doesn't work with the listener, so
it's not easy for me to do this test myself).

Cheers,