[mcclim-devel] Problems in reading with :timeout

Tomi K Neste tomi.neste at netikka.fi
Fri May 6 19:36:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005 18:11:49 +0100, Duncan Rose
<duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hrm. I wrote a little clock thing quite a while ago and had trouble with
> this. The following post includes some code to show a problem I was
> having (fixed at the time the mail was sent in actual fact) so it's
> fully functional and uses scheduled events to redraw a pane:-
>
> http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/mcclim-devel/2003-October/000438.html
>
> Hopefully this will help you out.
>
> -Duncan

Hmm.. weird. I'm just trying your code snippet on SBCL and it doesn't seem
to work. DRAW-SIMPLE gets called only once at the beginning, after that
the window seems to go catatonic. No redraws or reactions to window close
events.
I get
WARNING:
    recursive lock attempt #S(SB-THREAD:MUTEX
                              :NAME "event queue"
                              :LOCK 0
                              :DATA NIL
                              :VALUE 3737)

It works fine if SCHEDULE-TIMER-EVENT is removed. With no animations, of
course ;-)
I didn't know about the schedule-timer-event though, so if it's supposed
to work that's probably what i need. Thanks for the pointer.