[mcclim-devel] Copying text to clipboard loops displaying messages to Konsole

Paolo Amoroso amoroso at mclink.it
Mon Mar 7 17:40:34 UTC 2005

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> OK.  I still have no idea what's going on -- all of these work as
> expected for me, with Konsole 1.3.2 (KDE 3.2.3, Qt 3.2.3).

I have Konsole 1.3.2, KDE 3.2.3, Qt 3.3.3 and X.Org 6.7.0 under
Slackware Linux 10.0 with a customized 2.6.10 kernel.

>> 9: ("DEFUN MAKE-PROCESS")
>
> Can you try running the clim-listener single-threaded, please -- there

Do you mean starting the Listener like this?

  (clim-listener:run-listener)

If so, I already did this for these tests.

> In addition, if you could try (clipboard:main) from
> <http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/clipboard.lisp>, clicking in
> the clx window which appears, then middle-clicking in console, and
> sending in the transcript, that would help.

With CMUCL Snapshot 2005-02 I get:

* (load "clipboard")

* (clipboard:main)
;

; Warning: This function is undefined:
;   CLIPBOARD::OPEN-DEFAULT-DISPLAY

Error in KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION:  the function CLIPBOARD::OPEN-DEFAULT-DISPLAY is undefined.
   [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION CLIPBOARD::OPEN-DEFAULT-DISPLAY)
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer exists:
  target:code/fdefinition.lisp.
0] backtrace

0: (KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION CLIPBOARD::OPEN-DEFAULT-DISPLAY)
1: (CLIPBOARD:MAIN)
2: (INTERACTIVE-EVAL (CLIPBOARD:MAIN))
3: (LISP::%TOP-LEVEL)
4: ((LABELS LISP::RESTART-LISP