[mcclim-devel] Copying text to clipboard loops displaying messages to Konsole

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 17:46:15 UTC 2005

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

>>> 9: ("DEFUN MAKE-PROCESS")
>>
>> Can you try running the clim-listener single-threaded, please -- there
>
> Do you mean starting the Listener like this?
>
>   (clim-listener:run-listener)
>
> If so, I already did this for these tests.

Well, maybe, but the backtrace you provided indicates that
multithreading was running.  Could you turn it off completely, please?
I'd like to see the results when there is precisely one cmucl thread.

>> In addition, if you could try (clipboard:main) from
>> <http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~csr21/clipboard.lisp>, clicking in
>> the clx window which appears, then middle-clicking in console, and
>> sending in the transcript, that would help.
>
> With CMUCL Snapshot 2005-02 I get:
>
> * (load "clipboard")

> * (clipboard:main)
> ;
>
> ; Warning: This function is undefined:
> ;   CLIPBOARD::OPEN-DEFAULT-DISPLAY

Oh, yes, CMUCL's clx doesn't have this useful feature.  Please replace
the call to OPEN-DEFAULT-DISPLAY with however you manage to open
displays; maybe (open-display "localhost") or (open-display
"your-host-name") or (open-display "").

Cheers,

Christophe