[mcclim-devel] backspace at argument prompt -> infinite loop

Luke Gorrie luke at synap.se
Sat Feb 26 19:46:38 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

Some IRC log to share :-)

<Luke_> tbmoore: if I type command name, space (see prompt for argument),
        backspace -- then it goes into an infinite loop printing the
        "scan-pointer ~S > insertion-pointer ~S; shouldn't happen" message
<Luke_> in Closure or in clim-listener
<tbmoore> Luke_: Ouch
<Luke_> if I nuke the listener thread at this point it seems to put things
        into a bad state where if I try to start a new listener it hangs
        before reaching the prompt (under SBCL)
<tbmoore> Luke_: If you can send email to the list, that would be good.
<tbmoore> But I think this should not be too hard to fix.