[mcclim-devel] help needed with the beagle backend

Tom Winchester tom.winchester at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 28 06:09:35 UTC 2005

Hi there.

I have been trying to get the beagle back-end for mcclim running. I am
using use openmcl 0.14.2-p1, mac os x 10.3.8, and a fresh cvs of mcclim
taken this morning. The clx back-end runs nicely -thanks to the
splendid effort of the mcclim team.

My first attempt consisted of executing the statement (asdf:operate
'asdf:load-op 'beagle). Even when repeated in an OpenMCL Listener, the
result was:

 > Error in process Listener(3): Cannot IMPORT "SET-PORT-KEYBOARD-FOCUS"
from package "CLIMI"
 > While executing: CCL::OPERATION-ON-ALL-SPECS
 > Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort.
 > If continued: Ignore attempt to IMPORT "SET-PORT-KEYBOARD-FOCUS" from
package "CLIMI"
Type :? for other options.
1 >

I then examined the documentation in the Backends/beagle directiory of
the mcclim (cvs) distribution. The load files essentially perform the
following steps inside the OpenMCL Listener window:

(load "/opt/local/share/openmcl/0.14.2-p1/tools/asdf")
(pushnew "/Users/tom/.asdf-install-openmcl-dir/systems/"
asdf:*central-registry*)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :asdf-install)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'clx)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :mcclim)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :clim-examples)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :clim-listener)
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :beagle)

This is equivalent to my current ~/.openmclrc file, except that all of
this is stated to be done inside the OpenMCL Listener, and the final
statement.

Upon pasting the above sequence of statements into an OpenMCL Listener
the same error results. Does anyone know if this error is a genuine
bug, or is there something else missing in the loading sequence I
describe above.

I am aware that the beagle back-end is experimental, but my aim is to
be able to reproduce some of the screen-shots of mcclim using the
beagle back-end which available on the web.

Thanks.